The NFC Tag operates as a dual port memory. You have the the NFC protocol from one side and the I²C bus interface from the other side. It features a 1 kB EEPROM memory. The chip does not have to be powered when being accessed from the NFC side.
NFC (or Near Field Communication) is a great technology for transferring data on a short distance (a couple of centimeters). This attribute makes this technology appealing for security key provisioning. Many smartphones are today equipped with the NFC technology.
- Integrated NFC tag NT3H2111 (NXP)
- Communication using I²C bus
- 1 kB EEPROM memory
- Optional interrupt output
- Optional energy harvesting output
- Operating current: 240 µA
- Operating voltage range: 1.7 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 °C
- Mechanical dimensions: 16 x 16 mm