The LoRa Module allows you to communicate to the LoRaWAN wireless network, a network made for the IoT. This technology makes it possible to communicate from a battery-powered device directly to server, even for several years. The LoRa Module uses radio frequency 868 MHz.
Thanks to specific zig-zag modulation, the LoRa device can communicate with the gateway over a distance of tens kilometers.
This network has a wide range of applications. It is particularly useful in energy consumption meters (e.g. water meters, gas meters, etc.), environmental sensors (e.g. a CO₂ sensor), but also in applications for early reports of accidents or defects (e.g. water leak detector).
- LoRaWAN module CMWX1ZZABZ-078 (Murata)
- Communication using UART and AT commands
- SMA antenna ANT-SS900
- Standby power consumption 2 μA
- Operating voltage range: 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 °C
- Dimensions: 33 x 55 mm