The Barometer Tag allows you to measure absolute pressure in the range from 20 kPa to 110 kPa, or altitude above the sea level in meters. It uses a low-power I²C sensor MPL3115A2 with an absolute accuracy of ±0.4 kPa. It features a very low active and standby current.
Monitoring of absolute pressure is useful for weather forecast and it is also an important parameter in biometeorology because the absolute pressure can affect our health.
- Absolute pressure sensor MPL3115A2 (NXP)
- Sensor only needs I²C bus
- Pressure range: from 20 kPa to 110 kPa
- Altitude range: from -698 to 11,775 m
- Absolute accuracy: ±0.4 kPa
- Optional interrupt output
- Power consumption:
- 40 µA average current (1 Hz sample rate)
- 2 µA standby current
- Operating voltage range: 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85 °C
- Mechanical dimensions: 16 x 16 mm